Distributed Systems Critical Business and IT Goals
One of the most exciting promises of distributed systems is their ability to execute “virtual applications”, ones that involve more than one application spanning multiple organizations. This enhances computing efficiency for complex analysis whilst appearing to be a single application. A distributed system is a system of independent computers that joins a single network to share the resources.
A distributed system simplifies the management of high-performance computing capacity across diverse groups of virtual hardware, storage, networks, resource managers and operating systems. It’s easy to use a task-based interface that provides a flexible policy engine ensuring that service levels are delivered on time. And since you only pay for what you need – you’re also on budget. The distributed systems deliver enterprise computing efficiency and resources in a stable manner, enabling, researchers, scientists, programmers and businesses to optimize performance, speed and accelerate innovation without investment in infrastructure.
The Distributed System addresses each of the following critical business and IT goals:
- Cost-effective: The distributed system is less than half the cost of most competitor solutions. This predictable pricing model makes it easier to stay within budget and makes IT an operational expense – paying for only what you consume.
- Manage data explosion: The distributed system is an ideal resource for companies struggling with computing capacity issues.
- Environmentally friendly: Save on energy by managing power, cooling, and space constraints over to Distributed systems.
- Workload Virtualization: Virtualizing application workloads provides an opportunity to seamlessly utilize local and remote resource capacity to achieve faster results and improved cluster ROI.
- Improve infrastructure flexibility: The distributed system is the answer to both underutilized data centers and those that are at capacity. In both scenarios, a distributed system is infrastructure as a service, to be used as often and as much as required.
- Improve business processes: The utility model provides businesses with better value with more capacity, less risk, and the flexibility to improve alignment between business needs and what your applications deliver.
- Virtual Render Farm – Distributed system parallel rendering technology provides cost-effective access to thousands of GHz of potential graphical rendering power enabled for industry-standard Video, Gaming, and 3D applications.
- Distributed Exchange & Brokerage Services: Distributed system provides a customized on-demand computing solution that allows companies to buy or sell excess computing power similar to that of a commodities market.
- Improve security and compliance: The distributed system has security built-in on multiple levels to ensure a highly secure utility platform that protects data assets. The distributed system features a system of technologies that are optimized to work together including integrated privacy and unique security controls throughout the “stack” to enable regulatory compliance.
Solidstudio is a polish software development agency which builds distributed systems, and also offers distributed system services for existing systems to scale up into digital platforms of APIs and micro-services to improve business capabilities.